Sunday, November 2, 2008

Why I'm Voting For ....

When I talk to people about the coming election and get around to asking who they support, and why; I get some very interesting answers. Those that plan to vote for Obama for the most part are doing so because he will take us in a different direction than Bush. They can't tell me what direction that is. So, in other words, voting for Obama is not for Obama, but against anything related to the current administration.



When I talk to McCain supporters, they too are voting against the most liberal (Marxist) candiate in history. But they are also voting for something as well. National security, lower taxes, reducing government spending, etc... While many McCain supporters, myself included, are not particularily thrilled with McCain, he does offer a positive difference from Obama.



I will be casting my balot for McCain because I agree with his stance on taxes, spending, national security, judicial appointments and the fact he is a true leader that is capable of making the tough decision. There are issues I disagree with him on, including his health care/insurance plan. But I can live with those.



When I look at presidential candidates, one thing I look at is who is worthy to be included with the great ones. Who could you see carved on Mt. Rushmore or on a coin or bill, who has the integrity, morals and character to be mentioned in the same breath as Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy or Reagan? Would any of these great men have tolerated listening to Rev. Wright? Been a freind of Bill Ayers? Tony Rezko? or be endorsed by foreign terroist nations and groups (Hammas, Hugo Chavez, Iran...). While I belive the currency of the U.S. is not in jeopardy of being changed based on this election, between these two, I would prefer McCain over Obama on the $2.00 bill

No comments: