Sunday, March 29, 2009

Life Energy

One question I routinely get when I tell a new acquaintance I am a chiropractor is, "How does 'Cracking' someones back or neck treat their disease?"

First of all, I do not use the "C" word, it is an adjustment. Then I go on to explain how spinal misalignments can affect the flow of energy through the nerves. This is where I usually get the "Deer-in-the-Headlights" look.

Most people think of chiropractors as just someone who can fix bad backs, which we are the best at by the way. However, I think of myself as more of an electrician for the body than a "Bad Back Fixer."

You see, all healing arts, except western medicine, are based on proper flow of energy through the body for optimal health. Too much or too little energy flow is the cause of disease. For example, too much energy to the stomach--you get acid reflux and ulcers. Too little and you get indigestion, constipation or diarrhea.

The Chineese call this energy Chi, in religion it is the soul, and in chiropractic it is Innate Intellegence. The only difference between life and death is the flow of energy. A dead body is physically and chemically identical to a live one! The differece is energy.

In the human body, this energy is concentrated and travels through the nerves. The brain knows all and instructs each and every cell in your body what to do and when. If the communication between the brain and the cells is interferred with, the cells do not do what they are supposed to do--disease.

Since only 10% of nerve communicate pain, most of the time these conditions occur with out any notice whatsoever.

According to Quantum Physics, we are nothing but energy packets anyway, so correcting energy flow issues will promote optimal health.

So, as the "electrician", I look for improper flow of nerve energy and remove the cause (spinal misalignment). The body can then begin to work as it is intended-health.

In essence, the chiropractic adjustment improves energy flow, thus makes you more alive. And I can't imagine any better way to spend my life, then helping others be more alive!

I would really love to answer any questions or comments on this one. Please leave a comment, even if only to say Hi!

No comments: