Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Joys of Being a Sports Doc

Been a while since my last post, but when you are a Sports Doc with a family, life gets pretty hectic. Many of my friends, when they look at my schedule, wonder how I do it. I'm not really sure, I just do it.

May was a very good busy month, Roller Derby was winding down and football was just starting. Unfortunately, these overlapped which made life very interesting. The football team I play for and serve as team doctor, Fox Valley Force www.fvforce.com kicked off the season in Kimberly on May 9. The Paper Valley Roller Girls www.papervalleyrollergirls.com had their season finale on May 9. So, off to the football field at 2:00 to start taping players, get dressed and warmed up for the game, play the first half, check on any injuries, go to the locker room, shower and change, drive cross town to the roller rink and get set up for roller derby. Catch my breath!

Stretch and adjust a few skaters, evaluate some pretty good injuries (torn PCL, torn hamstring insertion), get text from football coach on final score, adjust a few more skaters, and finally pack up for the day. The hard part now is which after party to attend? Problem solved, attend both!

May 16, repeat the above with the Force and the Fox Cityz Foxz www.foxcityzfoxz.com !

Memorial weekend came at the right time!

Roller derby is done for me until the fall, football is now half over, and soccer season has just begun. I coach a 15 year old girls soccer team-Neenah Dragons.

What make it possible to do all this? I love it! Life would be pretty boring without all the adventure.

Leave a comment or question, love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: