Friday, January 23, 2009

Do I Have to Come Forever?

One of the misconceptions of chiropractic care, is that once you start with chiropractic, you have to keep going for the rest of your life. Of course you don't have to, and many of my patients don't. They come in when they are in pain and I don't see them again until the pain returns.

You don't have to keep coming in for chiropractic care forever.....But what if you took the same attitude to other beneficial habits most of us take for granted....

You don't have to brush your teeth every day....You don't have to change the oil in your car every 3month/3000 miles.....You don't have to exercise after you lost the weight...You don't have to get a haircut anymore.....You don't have to change the batteries in your smoke detector...

Do you see a pattern?

Can you imagine the scene in a mechanic's shop:
Mechanic: Your oil change is done, you'll need to come back in 3 months and do it again.
Car Owner: But you just changed it, and my car runs fine now. How 'bout I call you if anything goes wrong.

Do you take better care of your car than you do of your body?

Think of chiropractic care as a healthy habit, an oil change and tune-up for your body. Of course if you are injured or in pain, we can help you. But the best way to utilize chiropractic is as preventive care.

Remember the old Framm Oil Filter commercial..."You can pay me now, or you can pay me later."

It's always more expensive and time consuming to "pay me later."

Love to hear your comments. Please, just let me know you stopped by and read the post.
Thank you!

No comments: